2.24.2013

A Lovely Night In

My superhero husband is making us healthy breakfast burritos for the upcoming week as I sit on the couch watching the Red Carpet coverage on E! He is also chilling some champagne for us to enjoy while we enjoy the last night of our weekend. I find it difficult to pay attention to the awards show so I decided to blog a bit about my inspirations for the upcoming year and watch simultaneously.

 First of all, I promised a review a week ago of "Ladylike" by Essie. It is a greige shade with a mauve base and it really flattered my extremely pale skin. This color got me so many compliments at work, people just love it. It's a work appropriate color but one that does not at all feel too conservative. I highly recommend this as an ideal shade for the fall-winter season. Currently, this shade can be found at any Target store.

   


 The last look (below) was created with the Essie Growth Base Coat, one coat of Essie "Limo-Scene" and the new L'Oreal Nail Lingerie nail stickers. I absolutely adore this look and, lol, it made me feel like royalty. So far they have lasted two days, and I am hoping to get an entire week out of these babies! My birthday is coming up so I wanted to do something with my nails that was luxuriant but affordable. "Limo-Scene" by itself is an extremely wearable cream/nude shade. It is translucent and does require very smooth application to appear even but is totally worth a tiny bit of effort. A gorgeous shade for any day of the year and a perfect base for nail art.



This is yet another Prabal Gurung purchase that was made for me by family for my b-day. This shirt is eye catching. The chartreuse lace panel is really gorgeous and I cannot wait to wear this piece. I am still trying to decide when to wear the pieces I bought because I usually take a backpack into work and those just destroy delicate fabrics. But I digress... I may save them to wear the entire week of my birthday just for fun.

   


 Here are some of my inspirations for the upcoming year: 


 #1 Japanese prints. I love the blending of neutral colors with hints of bright shades. I also love the contrasts of multiple print styles within the same piece.
   

















 #2 Beyonce. This Vogue photoshoot was particularly good and this was such a memorable shot from it. The floral pattern is stunning and really in right now in stores like ASOS, LULU's and Forever21.








  #3 Longline Blazers and Cardigans (Photo from the blog PinkHorrorShow). These are great for wearing with leggings and short skirts. They allow you to reveal some of your figure without putting too much out there. 





























#4 Super Bright Colors that Pop- These make perfect accents with any outfit. I think we will be seeing a lot of very bright accessories this season. I actually purchased the Nine West bag (at right) on sale at Macy's and paired it with a completely neutral tone outfit with a belt of the same shade of Neon Pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment