4.21.2013

Bird of Paradise

Since Dior will be releasing its summer make up line in May,I decided to see if I could duplicate looks that play with the color palette that line will play with. The Bird of Paradise palettes in "Blue Lagoon" and "Peacock" are super gorgeous, but I can't afford a piece that is $60 and relevant to one season of the year. I searched around for similar colors and found the picture above, on Temptalia. She used Make Up Forever shadows to create this intensely bright, true color look. 

My look is a little less intense, but also lost some intensity due to the incandescent lighting in this room. As you can tell, I fudged the eye liner a little bit- but this is the first time I have used my Sephora + Pantone emerald liner and it's gorgeous. 


I used the lighter lime green color from a Too Faced Duo Shadow in "Lucky Charms" (here) on the lower lid and the teal shimmer shadow "Deep End" from the Urban Decay Fun Palette in the crease. Below the brow line I used an Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Duality pencil in "Sand Shimmer" to highlight my brow bones. I think I did an okay job for a first try!

I used CoverGirl Lip Sensation Lipstick in "Sweetheart" on my lips to balance out the colorful eye look. 


This lipstick has really become a staple for me. The entire Lip Sensation line is SO moisturizing and that makes it ideal for someone whose lips turn into Boris Karloff at the slightest hint of sun or cold. 

 I should note that some other beauty reviewers have criticized the frostiness of the color. I noticed that that was only evident after around 2 coats. So this shade really only needs one coat to give lips a healthy, neutral pink sheen. 

This was a look I wore to class last week. I used "Sweetheart" on my lips, a CoverGirl anti-dark circle concealer, a generic face moisturizer and Bare Minerals loose powder to set everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment