4.14.2013

Eyeshadow like a Heroine

I tried out MAC "Heroine" yesterday and it looked even cooler than I thought it would. I got a little fancy and decided to take photos of myself while I had natural lighting- as we were on our way to getting groceries from the Kroger.

This shadow definitely needs a base as the color seems to disappear after around 3 hours without one. So, I prepped with NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (here)... 

.... Then I applied "Heroine" to my lids with a thick eyeshadow brush. It needed around three coats in order to achieve the look you can see here. I also lined my lids with a Kat Von D Autograph Pencil in "Wonderchild" from her UH-MAY-ZING "Mi Vida Loca" Palette, see a great review here. I found that adding the liner deepened the color and also cancelled out Heroine's emphasis on the green color of my irises. 

This eyeshadow is gets an 8 out of 10 on my scale. I love the color, but it cannot stand alone: it needs a base and liner to keep it from migrating and/or fading after three hours. Get "Heroine" while it's still available at MAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment